Register

CW's Arrow: Currently Point-less
(05-06-2019, 11:20 PM)Zor-El Wrote:
Aww I was a bit excited thinking Tommy was secretly alive and might've been in training and would help the team in the finale. I guess that was just wishful thinking.

(05-07-2019, 01:33 PM)ScarletDekaSpider Wrote:
Yeah, I was hoping the episode would end with the others finding Ollie, and all being surprised to see Tommy. And that's when Ollie realises Tommy is real. Would have been a nice episode ender.

C'mon, guys, Roy being back is annoying enough. 
And that was before we knew he died off screen.

Let SOMEBODY on this show
stay buried.
Best finale ever for all the wrong reasons.

The team was at their team best, but at the complete expense of the villain.
Emiko spent all season being mad at the Queens and loyal to The Ninth Circle, only for her death to suddenly make her remorseful for it all. Blech.
Ultimately, it just felt like the writers were rushing to get to
The Monitor stuff we've been waiting for since it was announced the show will be ending this fall.
The monitor ending didn't feel like rushing to me. I quite liked it. It helps ends Arrow on a satisfactory level for me.

I don't like the fact that Oliver will be gone or die. But at least it wasn't a straight up trade, giving him time to level with his family as speculated by some people. I would've hated that. Even seems like an unfair trade; one human for 2 super powered beings.

Having Oliver help with a mission makes more sense.

The rest of the finale felt rushed. When they were all back in the bunker, saying things like "So it's good to be working with SCPD again" - that was pretty cringy for me. Like, it's THAT simple?
After last night's finale, I wonder
just how much we'll actually see Diggle, Rene and Dinah next season. Will cutaways to Star City take the place of flashbacks/flash forwards for the final season?
According to Eobard Thawne in the episode Rogue Air the history books in his timeline record Oliver dying at the age of 86, in the year 2071 or 2072.

Now Mar Novu foretells Oliver dying in Crisis on Infinite Earths in 2019. Only 34 years old.

Barry & Nora are frakkin evil.
First his selfish ass causes Flashpoint that leads to Nora instead of Dawn. As alluded to by Thawne in What's Past is Prologue.
Second his selfish ass daughter Nora goes back in time and screws up the past
Third his selfish ass daughter Nora sped up the crisis to save her selfish ass father. Causing Mia to lose her father.

Barry & Nora stole 52 years of Oliver's life. Barry & Nora ruined Mia's life. They both deserve to rot in hell.
(05-14-2019, 04:41 PM)Oliver the Savior Wrote: According to Eobard Thawne in the episode Rogue Air the history books in his timeline record Oliver dying at the age of 86, in the year 2071 or 2072.

Now Mar Novu foretells Oliver dying in Crisis on Infinite Earths in 2019. Only 34 years old.

First his selfish ass causes Flashpoint that leads to Nora instead of Dawn. As alluded to by Thawne in What's Past is Prologue.
Third his selfish ass daughter Nora sped up the crisis to save her selfish ass father. Causing Mia to lose her father.

Barry & Nora stole 52 years of Oliver's life. Barry & Nora ruined Mia's life. They both deserve to rot in hell.

I blame the Monitor for all that, for "testing" them in the first place Sad
(05-14-2019, 09:33 PM)Zor-El Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 04:41 PM)Oliver the Savior Wrote: According to Eobard Thawne in the episode Rogue Air the history books in his timeline record Oliver dying at the age of 86, in the year 2071 or 2072.

I blame the Monitor for all that, for "testing" them in the first place Sad

In the original timeline where Oliver died at the age of 86, the upcoming crisis still happened. Except in happened April 25, 2024, instead of the fall of 2019. Nothing bad happened to Oliver, at least nothing that prevented him from getting old. Barry went missing for a minimum of 25 years then came back as demonstrated by a 67 year old Barry contacting Rip Hunter from the year 2056. This timeline change also screwed up Elseworlds, it presumably didn't have Oliver making a deal to save Kara & Barry's life.

Barry being a selfish bastard for wanting his mother alive & father not in jail created Flashpoint. Fixing that erased Diggle's daughter, erased Barry's original daughter Dawn (I assume Don as well since they are classically twins but he was never mentioned), murdered Cisco's brother, god knows who else had their lives ruined, were murdered, or just outright erased from existance, brought Thawne back into existance (I gave up trying to figure out how alive when he shows up, it is to confusing. Do know that his appearance on Legends of Tommorow was because he was an aberration that shouldn't exist thanks to Flashpoint and that version was eliminated by Black Flash).

Nora being a selfish bastard for wanting her father around, screwed everything up, worse than Barry imo.

Now Barry seemingly won't disappear for 25+ years, Flash show being renewed for a full season seemingly proves that. 

Now Oliver is murdered when he is 34, proved by his tombstone. Depriving Mia of ever meeting her father (as a baby doesn't count).

We could have had Oliver living until he was 86. He & Felicity could have raised William & Mia.

We could have had Barry disappeareing when he was 35, reappearing eventually sometime before or during the year 2056.

In a post Flashpoint timeline Nora would have eventually gotten a chance to know Barry. If I remember right they alluded to her being born in 2024 give or take. If Barry came back no later than the year 2056, a 32 year old Nora would have still had time to get to know her father.

Just so Nora could have a father when she was a child she stole that same experience from Mia and god knows who else. In the end she may not even get that depending on when her existance was erased, not exactly sure if she will even be born now.

Barry & Nora are not heroes, they are imo the worst villains I have ever seen.

Barry & Nora belong in hell, with Thawne torturing them for all eternity.
(05-14-2019, 10:54 PM)Oliver the Savior Wrote:
Barry being a selfish bastard for wanting his mother alive & father not in jail created Flashpoint. Fixing that erased Diggle's daughter, erased Barry's original daughter Dawn (I assume Don as well since they are classically twins but he was never mentioned), murdered Cisco's brother, god knows who else had their lives ruined, were murdered, or just outright erased from existance

I'm not one to defend Barry, but
those actions also brought people back to life, such as Ralph, who was confirmed by Thawne to have died in the particle accelerator explosion when Blackout was about to kill him.

So even though a bunch of bad things happened, we can't write it off as a universally bad thing.
(05-15-2019, 11:08 AM)Nabulous Wrote:
Barry being a selfish bastard for wanting his mother alive & father not in jail created Flashpoint. Fixing that erased Diggle's daughter, erased Barry's original daughter Dawn (I assume Don as well since they are classically twins but he was never mentioned), murdered Cisco's brother, god knows who else had their lives ruined, were murdered, or just outright erased from existance

those actions also brought people back to life, such as Ralph, who was confirmed by Thawne to have died in the particle accelerator explosion when Blackout was about to kill him.

So even though a bunch of bad things happened, we can't write it off as a universally bad thing.

Ralph pre-Flashpoint was said to have been killed through unspecified means. according to Thawne in the episode Power Outage according to the Arrowverse wikia.

The character Blackout appeared in season one for one episode and died in that episode. Everything shown depicts Ralph as never encountering him.

I write Barry & Nora both off as universally evil.
(05-15-2019, 01:56 PM)Oliver the Savior Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 11:08 AM)Nabulous Wrote:

Ralph pre-Flashpoint was said to have been killed through unspecified means. according to Thawne in the episode Power Outage according to the Arrowverse wikia.

The character Blackout appeared in season one for one episode and died in that episode. Everything shown depicts Ralph as never encountering him.

I write Barry & Nora both off as universally evil.

He was talking about Blackout about to kill Thawne not Ralph he was just saying the changes led to saving him among all the bad