Register

Marvel Cinematic Universe: SONY YANKS SPIDEY!
I am still bummed that the Hulk failed to receive any more solo outings and while I am glad the Spider-man is here, making him into an Iron Man fanboy whose main goal is to impress a guy I have been sick of since Age of Ultron did not please me one bit. Looking to the possible future, I ask but one thing: when he eventually shows, please let MCU DR. Doom be a man in armor and not a guy whose skin is turned to metal!
(04-15-2019, 10:12 PM)Comic Genesis Wrote: I am still bummed that the Hulk failed to receive any more solo outings and while I am glad the Spider-man is here, making him into an Iron Man fanboy whose main goal is to impress a guy I have been sick of since Age of Ultron did not please me one bit. Looking to the possible future, I ask but one thing: when he eventually shows, please let MCU DR. Doom be a man in armor and not a guy whose skin is turned to metal!

We wont be seeing any solo Hulk movies, until Universal's rights revert back to Marvel. (Or a deal is made, similar to the one made with Sony to allow Spidey in the MCU.)

The same does not apply for TV shows, however, as a Hulk series has been announced for Disney+, and not only will Mark Ruffalo be in it, but they'll also be bringing in She-Hulk.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/04/1...or-disney/
That's...actually pretty awesome! But my question is how was the Hulk's only MCU film even made with the rights restriction in place?
A four minute video containing several major spoilers from Endgame is making the 'rounds. Tread carefully
(04-16-2019, 12:26 PM)Comic Genesis Wrote: That's...actually pretty awesome! But my question is how was the Hulk's only MCU film even made with the rights restriction in place?

Because it was distributed by Universal, before Disney took over. The rest of the Phase 1 films, save for Avengers IIRC, were distributed by Paramount.
Members of the cast of Endgame did a segment for Stephen Colbert last night. Don't worry, there weren't any spoilers.

(04-15-2019, 10:12 PM)Comic Genesis Wrote: I am glad the Spider-man is here, making him into an Iron Man fanboy whose main goal is to impress a guy I have been sick of since Age of Ultron did not please me one bit.

But that's the common depiction of Peter, right down to the comics from which the Iron Spider armor and the Civil War were drawn from.
(04-22-2019, 04:00 PM)Nabulous Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 10:12 PM)Comic Genesis Wrote: I am glad the Spider-man is here, making him into an Iron Man fanboy whose main goal is to impress a guy I have been sick of since Age of Ultron did not please me one bit.

But that's the common depiction of Peter, right down to the comics from which the Iron Spider armor and the Civil War were drawn from.

I can't really recalll Peter ever admiring Iron Man like that in anything I've read. Are you sure?
I admittedly haven't been reading any Peter Parker comics, but the most I ever remember Peter having any type of kinship with Tony was during Civil War. Any time before or after that, I can't recall anything.
Well, the story that most influenced them was the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.