Register

Introduction Thread: Introduce yourself to the 52U Community!
I'm your prime Administrator. Mainly responsible for the technical & design work Smile

I'm a big fan of DC. I don't hate Marvel or anything, I just have less interest. I'm a fan of Spider-Man & Iron-Man, but there's far more characters I enjoy from the DC universe.

Currently following Flash, Arrow, & Supergirl. And I'm definitely looking forward to Batwoman Big Grin
DC I feel have the superior product, at least when their heads are on straight. Cartoons, tv shows, occasionally the movies etc, are often all preferible to Marvel. I only really follow Spider-Man at Marvel, and even I had a ten year drought of not supporting his main comic and only supported the alternate reality titles.

Currently following Shazam! Green Lantern, Justice League, and the Superman line.

On Marvel's end, following Amazing Spider-Man and Immortal Hulk

Hi everyone
Hey everyone. You may know me as DekaRed on other sites, but I felt something more appropriate was in order here.

I have flip-flopped between DC and Marvel growing up, and followed Spider-Man religiously since the early 90's. It was Mark Bagley's art that drew me in, heh. But I have a soft spot for all the big crossover's from both publications. Currently working my way through all the Crisis.

TV-wise, am still following Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Gotham and Doom Patrol (which is amazing btw). Looking forward to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Also can't wait for Batwoman.
DarkShadowRanger from RB here.

Currently following Flash, Batman, Heroes in Crisis & on non DC side of things Buffy/MMP/GGPR

On TV currently watching Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, LoT and working my way through Titans. 

On the Marvel side of things I am more a casual viewer/reader. Not currently reading any Marvel and only really watch the films... And I am still majorly behind on those. 
I am the member that claps in Dark Knight,
I am the reviewer whose posts are much too long,

I AM TEMPLARKNIGHT!

Personally, I've been a long time "Make Mine Marvel" type of guy most of my life.  I think I enjoy the stories of Marvel more than DC, but I cannot deny the Icons of DC.  DC has characters that everyone has an ideal of what they should be.  They are such larger than life characters that sometimes people get them wrong and it tears the characters apart.  I think it just makes it harder to enjoy the stories about them when we know what the character "should be like."  Marvel characters are more grounded and have known failings that kind of make it easier to see them struggle and overcome. 

I was really into DC comics before Flashpoint and even collected the entirety of Flashpoint, but due to finances at the time, I took the new 52 as the new "jumping off point."  Which is what all the comic buyers said before they immediately continued buying comics, but for me it was true.  Not because I disliked the idea.  I actually was interested and if I could have afforded it, I would have purchased EVERY comic, but I needed to save money, and comics were the first to go sadly.

Oh but the origin of my Screenname actually comes from playing a table top superhero RPG called DC Universe.  I created a character called Templar which had the classic Flight/Super Strength combo but wasn't invulnerable, so he wore armor.  That's where the whole thing began.
Hey, I'm Bunny (currently AkaBunnyUnicorn over on RB).  My nickname for most of my life was Buddy, but due to a little girl who couldn't seem to form the word Buddy, I'm now called Bunny both online and off.  

I've been a fan of superheroes for as far back as I can remember.  Doesn't hurt that my eldest brother and my late maternal grandfather were also geeky types, so I grew up with no shortage of access to superhero material be it comics, cartoons, toys and so on.  

My tied for top spot favorite superheroes are Spider-Man and Green Lantern, but GL holds a very special place in my heart due to becoming fascinated when I was going through treatments for Leukemia as a kid.  That was the concept that took my imagination and never let go.  As a sick kid, it felt like that was the hero -I- could potentially be.  I didn't have the money to be like Batman, I didn't have the alien genes to be like Superman, and despite constant exposure to radiation I didn't gain Hulk or Spidey powers, but I knew I had imagination in excess.  

I really don't have a publisher preference.  Each setting that catches my interest (be it DC, Marvel, IDW or anybody else) offers something I enjoy.  But for TV I enjoy the DC shows, particularly Legends of Tomorrow, and for movies I have yet to feel any strong disappointment with the MCU films.
Since Im using the same name here as I do on RB, don't need to mention what name I use over there.

Ive also been into super heroes for most of my life. Growing up on SuperFriends, Adam West Batman, George Reeves Superman, the Filmation DC cartoons, and the 60s Spider-Man cartoon.

I have over 10,000 comic book, including complete runs of What If, The New Mutants (vol 1), Excalibur (Vol 1) and Justice League/America/International. I also have two bookcases of graphic novels, trade paperbacks and hardcover collected editions, plus a few dozen prose novels based on comics. My current monthly buys are mostly Marvel, with the only DC books I buy regularly being the Justice League titles. (Although I was buying Detective, in the build-up to the big #1000.)

I have quite a few super hero movies in my video library, and not just the good ones. Im a bit of a completist. Almost every major super hero movie since 1966's Batman The Movie. (Including ones that most people don't consider good. Howard the Duck, Daredevil, Elektra, any Fantastic Four movie, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Batman and Robin, Blade Trinity. I also have all three versions of Watchmen. (theatrical, director's cut, and Ultimate edition.) The two exceptions to this being Catwoman and Punisher: War Zone. I also have most of the DC animated movies, the only one Im missing is Batman: Ninja. (I already have this year's releases on order.)

I have several complete runs of TV series on DVD or Blu-Ray, almost all DC. Batman (live action and TAS), SuperFriends. Wonder Woman, Birds of Prey. 90s Flash. Smallville. Im also up to date on the releases of the four Arrowverse shows. My only complete Marvel series is Wolverine and the X-Men.

I have a sub to DC Universe. I watch DC Daily every evening (when they have it updated on time) and watch whatever original series they have running on Saturday morning. (That will be changing as soon as garage sale season gets underway in a few weeks.)
(04-07-2019, 11:23 AM)Bunny2814 Wrote: Hey, I'm Bunny (currently AkaBunnyUnicorn over on RB).  My nickname for most of my life was Buddy, but due to a little girl who couldn't seem to form the word Buddy, I'm now called Bunny both online and off.  

I've been a fan of superheroes for as far back as I can remember.  Doesn't hurt that my eldest brother and my late maternal grandfather were also geeky types, so I grew up with no shortage of access to superhero material be it comics, cartoons, toys and so on.  

My tied for top spot favorite superheroes are Spider-Man and Green Lantern, but GL holds a very special place in my heart due to becoming fascinated when I was going through treatments for Leukemia as a kid.  That was the concept that took my imagination and never let go.  As a sick kid, it felt like that was the hero -I- could potentially be.  I didn't have the money to be like Batman, I didn't have the alien genes to be like Superman, and despite constant exposure to radiation I didn't gain Hulk or Spidey powers, but I knew I had imagination in excess.  

I really don't have a publisher preference.  Each setting that catches my interest (be it DC, Marvel, IDW or anybody else) offers something I enjoy.  But for TV I enjoy the DC shows, particularly Legends of Tomorrow, and for movies I have yet to feel any strong disappointment with the MCU films.

BuddyBunny, I like it!  Wink
I already had an excellent idea for a name change for him...
Hello all! I used the same name as over on RB as well since it's fairly easy to translate over.

I don't really have a preference towards DC or Marvel. I enjoy both though I lean more towards DC. I'm slowly getting into comics, and have tried multiple times but have found it daunting at times, and the like.

As for what comics I'm reading at the moment, nothing modern at least. I'm currently reading the 2011 run of Red Hood and the Outlaws and enjoying so far. I read because I'm a big Starfire fan and she's the reason I've always been interested in that book over the last few years.

I enjoy the MCU but I frequently get bored or tired of how much it can seem all the same and homework-like to me. I don't have as much hatred towards the DCEU as others, it was such a hot mess in the beginning that I enjoy it. The only comic book TV show that I'm really following at the moment is catching up on Hulu's Runaways. I've been meaning to get into the Arrowverse especially because I've seen the first two seasons of Arrow, the first season and a half of Supergirl, and I think the first half of Season two of the flash.