Register

Introduction Thread: Introduce yourself to the 52U Community!
Alright! Came here from recommendation from RB and continuing the tradition of using this name for every online forum I go to.

While from the very beginning I was and forever shall be more into Marvel, DC over the past few years has been getting my attention. I mean growing up as a kid and teen during the 90's and early 2000's I've seen my fair share of DCAU material. Both Justice League and its Unlimited sequel together are among my top 10 favorite animated shows for introducing me to the wider DC universe beyond just the big names. As for more recent works, DCEU Wonder Woman is among my top 20 films of all time, I liked Justice League despite its flaws, Aquaman was great, and Shazam was phenomenal. Heck I credit even Batman V Superman on one thing: It got me really interested more into the DC Trinity and now, despite it being a complete cheat, the Trinity tie together as my second favorite Superhero of all time.

Now as for Marvel, I watched a lot of the heavy hitter cartoons in the past, but it was the advent of the MCU and online show Atop the Fourth Wall that made me more aware of stuff beyond just the visual media. Around 2014 was when I bought my first superhero comic book Ms. Marvel #1, and from then on I followed the comics more closely, and finally found a superhero I can relate to. I unashamedly say with pride that my favorite superhero of all time is the Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel.

Glad to join this board and I'm eager to dive into all the superhero discussions.
(04-07-2019, 01:55 PM)Zor-El Wrote: BuddyBunny, I like it!  Wink

That makes me sound like I'm a cartoon character or something people should hold when they are having an anxiety attack (although I am good for that). 

(04-07-2019, 01:57 PM)ScarletDekaSpider Wrote: I already had an excellent idea for a name change for him...

You say that like you're not going to have the chance to use it when we all know it'll be happening sooner or later.  I never get any say in these things.   Tongue
(04-07-2019, 06:38 PM)Bunny2814 Wrote: You say that like you're not going to have the chance to use it when we all know it'll be happening sooner or later.  I never get any say in these things.   Tongue

... We're working on it.
It's AdrenalineRush from RB and I just want to say that it's great to be in this forum, having grown up with both DC and Marvel.
You all know me. Big Grin

I've always been a superhero fan. It's funny. I used to be more of a DC fan (with Superman being my favorite hero) but over the last 10 years with the MCU, I've just become Team Marvel. I find their content overall better written and more enjoyable. Keep in mind, I don't actually read much of the comics but I've seen most of the shows and movies from both Marvel and DC.

I think right now, my favorite show is Agents of SHIELD. That show has had some great characters and adventures and unlike a lot of shows, it seems to just keep getting better. There are a lot of other great Marvel shows as well. I think Inhumans was really the only one that I didn't like. Although it did have some redeeming qualities. 

On the DC side of things, I think Flash is still my favorite. Season 5 has been kind of a return to form and I'm really liking it. Nora has been a great addition to the show. In general, I like the Arrowverse shows but being on the CW kinda hurts it at times with a lot of the unnecessary soapy stuff that brings things down. Of course Smallville was the OG. I loved that show. I gotta say that I'm really impressed with what they're doing with Gotham. I haven't subscribed to DC Universe yet. I don't know how I'm gonna have time for all of this content, but of course I want to see Stargirl.

Anyway, should be fun.
Welcome aboard, Poweranimals.
(04-13-2019, 03:20 PM)AdrenalineRush1996 Wrote: Welcome aboard, Poweranimals.

Thanks man!