Register

"In Brightest Day" - General Green Lantern Discussion Thread
[Image: Emotional-Electromagnetic-Spectrum.png]

A general discussion thread for all things Green Lantern.
 I have an image but...
[Image: Atrocitus-by-c-crainey-colored-by-dany-m...5dhgio.jpg]
Grant Morrison's run so far has been the first I've been interested in the character since Geoff's run
Would anyone recommend "Green Lantern: Earth One"? GL is one of my absolute favorites, but with a limited budget due to med bills, I don't really have the freedom to pick up everything that interests me and I'm a little reluctant to plop down the money on it just yet (even the digital version with the reduced price compared to the physical copy).
New titles for DC's Young Animal line, Doom Patrol, Collapser, and Far Sector, the latter featuring the latest Green Lantern Sojourner “Jo” Mullein

https://www.newsarama.com/44699-more-doo...-wave.html
Green Lantern and his mythos is one of those cases where I'm in more in love with the ideas and concepts rather than the character himself. Don't really care much for Hal and Kyle, while John was my first GL from the JL cartoons. I'm becoming more familiar with the likes of Simon and Jessica from various other comics and recent shows and specials.

But its really the idea of the Emotional Spectrum and the different colored Lantern Corps that really has my attention. I love the very idea of it and expanding what to me was a rather uninteresting concept of space cops and turning it into something much bigger with many more story possibilities.
I agree. The multiple corps was what really ignited my interest after years of being a mere casual fan. The Red Lanterns are my favorite and I think their solo series was one of the best things to come out of the NEW 52. My one complaint about said series is how, once the writers changed, they made Atrocitus into a full-fledged villain and had Guy Gardener take his place. I was also let down by the Orange Lantern Oath.
(04-14-2019, 07:59 PM)Comic Genesis Wrote: I was also let down by the Orange Lantern Oath.

Eh?
Well, they avoided revealing it for a while and built it up like it would be the best oath. Instead?

"What's mine is mine, and mine, and mine and mine, not yours!"

I felt trolled:{
(04-13-2019, 08:10 AM)Xalfrea Wrote: Green Lantern and his mythos is one of those cases where I'm in more in love with the ideas and concepts rather than the character himself. Don't really care much for Hal and Kyle, while John was my first GL from the JL cartoons. I'm becoming more familiar with the likes of Simon and Jessica from various other comics and recent shows and specials.

The main timeline version of Hal just irritates me beyond reason.  I don't mind some of the alternate versions or versions from other media, but comics I always hope against hope when I open a title he's in that a non controlled or brainwashed Superman or Kilowog is going to punch him into next year.  

My favorite Lanterns are usually the alien members of the Corps, but I'm really enjoying Simon and Jessica as Lanterns.  I felt particularly drawn to Jessica because to some degree I know how she feels having to face anxiety and overcome that just to get out of bed in the morning.  

Quote:But its really the idea of the Emotional Spectrum and the different colored Lantern Corps that really has my attention. I love the very idea of it and expanding what to me was a rather uninteresting concept of space cops and turning it into something much bigger with many more story possibilities.

I've been a GL fan as far back as I can remember, but I was beyond thrilled when the whole Emotional Spectrum thing came about.  

I just wish my friends would stop telling me I'd make a great Star Sapphire.  For one I'm a guy, and second I doubt I'd look good in a skimpy pink outfit.   Tongue
(04-16-2019, 11:37 AM)Bunny2814 Wrote: I doubt I'd look good in a skimpy pink outfit.   Tongue

Shall we ask Peter his opinion on that?