Register

Star Wars General Discussion
[Image: 1280px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png]

The force is strong in this thread. Join us, a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, for everything Star Wars.
Lets kick this thread off with the first trailer for Episode IX : The Rise of Skywalker

I preferred the fake title Will of the Force.
(04-13-2019, 05:08 AM)Cameron Samurai Wrote: I preferred the fake title Will of the Force.

Feel free to disagree but I'm glad that it didn't get used for Episode IX, not to mention that's the title of a SW fan film.
It was around 1am Saturday morning my time when the trailer dropped and it was a massively exhausting week for me and I was ready to sleep. So of course they had to show it then and immediately woke me up. Really excited for the film for sure.

My rankings of the theatrically released Star Wars films:

The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Rogue One
Revenge of the Sith
The Last Jedi
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
Solo
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
The Clone Wars
I personally love the title and everything it potentially implies. While I enjoyed The Last Jedi for the most part, it left me feeling sort of hollow and while I was still looking forward to this next movie, there just wasn't that hype. This trailer however has me excited. Thank God, JJ's back because I loved The Force Awakens.
As for the recent shows, TCW is excellent. Does require a lot of steam and patience to get through with its first season, the movie and parts of the second season, but once it gets rolling it really gets rolling, doing a very good job at being a compliment to the movies and a good bridge between AOTC and ROTS.

Rebels IMO is also good, though how much you like the show will depend on how much you can connect with its main cast and not compare it to TCW. Many disparage it for "dumbing down" Star Wars after TCW, but that's really selling it far too short and just taking it face value.

I haven't seen Resistance yet, but for those who are not anti-Sequel Trilogy say that the first season gets better as it progresses and the closer it ties to or takes place concurrently with TFA.
(04-22-2019, 07:39 PM)Xalfrea Wrote: I haven't seen Resistance yet, but for those who are not anti-Sequel Trilogy say that the first season gets better as it progresses and the closer it ties to or takes place concurrently with TFA.

In some ways, it reminds me of going through early Clone Wars.  At first it isn't terrible but not super great either, but then it slowly builds up and the bulk of the second half is more engaging than the first half.  But you do have to get through that first half to really understand and care (or not) about the characters.  But there are a few gems in the first half as well, and some of the episodes I hated had decent moments.  

It doesn't hold my interest as strongly as Clone Wars or Rebels did, but it isn't terrible.  I can't wait to see what the second season brings to the table.
Peter Mayhew has passed away.

https://twitter.com/TheWookieeRoars/stat...6240967681

(Insert mournful Wookie wail.)
22 tie in books for Rise of Skywalker

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05/04/...re-coming/