Register

Poll: How was it?!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Incredible! 5 out of 5 Infinity Stones
77.78%
7 77.78%
Great! 4 out of 5 Infinity Stones
11.11%
1 11.11%
Average. 3 out of 5 Infinity Stones
11.11%
1 11.11%
Lame. 2 out of 5 Infinity Stones
0%
0 0%
Terrible! 1 out of 5 Infinity Stones
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Avengers: Endgame!
[Image: avengers-endgame-logo.jpg]

It all comes down to this.

Avengers, assemble one last time.
Overall, I'd say it was good, not great.

Third act is amazing, but boy is it a chore getting there if you don't like MCU brand of comedy.
I think this movie was fantastic. The first hour feels like they take advantage the most of the three hour running time.  While Infinity War had constant building momentum with each scene building to the next one, Endgame let the movie sort of stop to explore how the characters are dealing with the fallout from the last film.  After the first hour, it goes back to building momentum all the way to the end.

I’ll concede that it can’t quite stand alone, but I spent the last week watching EVERY MCU movie leading up to this, so it was kind of made for me.  I appreciated not getting my hand held on references and concepts that have been fleshed out before.
I put rank it 5 here, but my actual score is 4.5, relative to the other 21 films. It most certainly is an outstanding piece of work as a film, a Marvel film, and superhero film. It more than lives up to its title and certainly feels like an era.

There are only two gripes I had with it that drag it slightly down and still make me prefer Infinity War. As Ive seen it three times now, my issues have lessened but they're still gripes. There's also one other concern I have that's less a gripe and more how the film is structured and banking on the audiences' connection with the MCU.
Apart from the film being awesome, there is one plot hole that is bothering me.

If Tony could just create his own gauntlet to house the Infinity Stones, why the hell do we even need an Infinity Gauntlet?
(05-05-2019, 01:41 AM)ScarletDekaSpider Wrote: Apart from the film being awesome, there is one plot hole that is bothering me.

If Tony could just create his own gauntlet to house the Infinity Stones, why the hell do we even need an Infinity Gauntlet?

Because Thanos, despite being "cursed with knowledge", does not have the know-how to do that. And it apparently existed before Thanos, since there was a fake in Odin's treasure room. So, he figurd he needed one.